Buy One, Gift One Hair Kit
Buy a hair care kit and we'll gift one to a chid in foster care.
When a child with curls or coils enters foster care, they are often placed in homes with out appropriate hair care products and with adults who may not know how to care for their hair.
You can help a child in foster care get the hair care they deserve. Simply buy a hair care kit and The Refig will donate a kit (shampoo, conditioner and a travel case for storing hair care bars) to a New York City foster care agency.
Get $80 of some of our favorites for only $64 - that's 20% off!
- 1 Bar Tray: Extend the life of your shampoo and conditioner bars with our Reclaiming Tray. Made of sustainably sourced beech wood and handcrafted in the U.S.
- 1 Solid Bar Shampoo: Get our Reviving Shampoo - a soap-free, sulfate-free shampoo designed with your scalp health and curls in mind. Our gentle cleansers maintain healthy pH levels. And our luscious blend of oils - lemongrass, shea, argon, coconut and jojoba - are known to help stimulate hair growth, prevent dandruff and promote scalp health.
- 1 Solid Bar Conditioner: Select from our two conditioners - Rehydrating Conditioner and Redefining conditioner - that works best for you. Each conditioner bar has our signature plant gels inside so that you can style, detangle and condition all in one step.
Buy One, Gift One Hair Kit
My conditioner bar or gel bar has bumps and/ or bubbles.
Our conditioner and gel bars are lovingly, hand poured by artisans. This means the occasional bubble or “character”.
Don’t worry, we’ve taken this into account when determining product weight.
Your shampoo bars look “rustic.
That’s right! They are as rustic as that camping trip you’re packing for.
Each bar is hand cut as it comes out of the mixer. We could smooth out the edges and carve it into a more conventional shape - but we’re not conventional and that wastes up to 1/3 of a bar!
Uh-oh, I left my bar in water.
Don’t worry! You got this.
Lay the bar on some dry towels. Let it air dry for a day. Flip it over and let it dry for another day. The bar may be soft, but it should be usable.
My hair frizzed up.
Like anything, it takes a little trial and error to find the right “process” for you. Here are some suggestions:
1. Using more conditioner.
2. Leave some conditioner on when you rinse.
3. Apply gel after rinsing but before towel drying.
4. Don’t play with hair after you put on gel or rinse hair.
5. Wear a bandana along hair line while hair dries to get edges to “lay flat.”
How do I get curls that last multiple days?
1. Wear a tube bandana on hair when sleeping or ; this will prevent you from sleeping on your curls.
2. Use gel.
3. Resist the urge to play with your hair.
My hair is crunchy.
If stiff curls aren’t your thing, try using less gel. If the gel has already set, try “breaking the cast” by squeezing your curls with wet or dry hands.
Our products are lovingly hand poured by (local) artisans (hugs!!).
Our scents and colors come from plants. So like nature may vary from season to season and crop to crop, your bars may also vary in appearance and scent.
We are committed to using responsibly sourced ingredients. That’s why we buy ingredients from vendors who commit to practices that are good for the environment and wildlife, such as the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil or Palm Done Right.